Wednesday, May 9, 2012

CV "Mother"



When I was five years old, my parents separated; I, the older of three siblings, had been taking in charge for some years by a cousin; it has been the first of the many times my mother and I were separated and stayed together, so our relationship has been an accidented one. Nevertheless, I have so many memories of those periods we spent only the two of us. I remember the Sundays at the cinema, watching all the series of "Sissi", and then, after the film, in the late afternoon she loved to dance at the local dance club... She danced and I just fell asleep listening the "boleros", romantic 50's songs, she loved so much, (I don't know why; but noise makes me sleepy!)
On August, 2010 she passed away. We meet for the last time 15 years ago. For one week, since she's been at the hospital, I've called my sister every day. When she gave me the news, even if in family we speak only Italian, I just went to my son's room and told him: "Tu abuela ha fallecido esta noche" (your grandma passed away last night). In Spanish, my mother tongue... He gave a hug and told me: "well, you didn't spent so much time with her" and I answered " I can tell you now: The pain its just the same"...

4 comments:

Juanita Tortilla said...

Very moving.

Like you, noise makes me sleepy too. I also did not spend much time with my parents, but I can imagine how horrible it is going to feel in the future.

Kasia said...

Very moving indeed, it brought a tear to my eye. I can imagine this moment in my life.

Thank you for sharing.
Bacio x

T.S. Ötli said...

Yes... Whatever is the situation, pain remains the same... I guess it's the same for love, joy... with a mother.

Joyce said...

Oh my friend a very moving post. It broke my heart to know as a chld you weren't with you mom on a regular base. I'm sure she was sorry too. It as if in the mist of the ashes a beautiful flower arised, that flower being you. Have a golden weekend my friend. xo